Level: 1
HP: 0 / 18
0 / 18
MP: 8 / 8
8 / 8
EXP: 4 / 10
4 / 10

Sterne der Treue:
Sterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der Treue
Barvermögen:

Sagte Danke: 0
Bekam Bedankungen:
0 mal in 0 Post.

Beitrag Mi Feb 23, 2011 11:46 am

Thema: I can't capture OSDM creation / kkapture - Windows 7 x64
Hello !

I try without success to capture a test intro made with OSDM. I read that Roy/SAC usually make this with kkapture, and it seems to be the best tool to get a perfect result (and this is what I need : no shaky scrolling, no screen flickering, no lost frame) but it just doesn't seem to work for me... :(
I know you may have already talked about this problem somewhere in this forum but I don't read german and I only understand 1 message on 50 that I can read in this forum... :x

EDIT : I just tried with Fast Oldskool Cracktro Maker : kkapture can capture cracktro made with this prog... framerate in the AVI file is strange (slower) and there is pb with sound, but there is no crash of the executable...

Please ! Do you have a solution for me ?

O'Menor.

Some technical information :

My system :
- CPU Core i7 930, RAM 6 GB
- Windows 7 x64 Professional French
- kkapture 1.01
- OSDM 2.23.401
- a little test intro executable I made with OSDM, and another test executable I exported straight from OSDM Prefs directory (OSDM_Amiga.ini). They run with no problem if I launch them from Windows 7.

What it does :
- when I launch the capture with kkapture, I get a windows message explaining that the demo EXE (generated with OSDM) has stopped to run. I put the message details at the end of this post.
- I get a 0 bytes long AVI file (there is plenty of space available on my hard drives)
- I get a log file with no special problem. I put it at the end of this message

What I tried, with no success :
- Antivirus unloaded
- Launch kkapture with administrator priviledge
- Launch kkapture in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode
- Try some various kkapture settings enabled/disabled
- Try several codec (MJPEG from FFDSHOW, Microsoft Video 1, no compression)
- Export OSDM test intro with/without sound, with/without screen setup windows
- Tried to capture OSDM_Amiga example

Windows error message (sorry, it's in french) :
Signature du problème :
Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
Nom de l’application: Amiga.exe
Version de l’application: 0.0.0.0
Horodatage de l’application: 4c9dc5b1
Nom du module par défaut: StackHash_35a7
Version du module par défaut: 0.0.0.0
Horodateur du module par défaut: 00000000
Code de l’exception: c0000005
Décalage de l’exception: 00000000
Version du système: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
Information supplémentaire n° 1: 35a7
Information supplémentaire n° 2: 35a75581d1e050cf281ea8037154eb4e
Information supplémentaire n° 3: 5976
Information supplémentaire n° 4: 5976c457b111f30bfb46e9b1ffb174d6

kkapture log file :
main: initializing...
main: all main components initialized.
main: reading parameter block...
main: initialization done
video: DirectDrawCreateEx successful
main: video encoder initialized.
video: capturing at 640x480
<<

inc.

500+ POSTS
500+ POSTS

- MORE USERINFOS -

Level: 24
HP: 162 / 1353
162 / 1353
MP: 646 / 646
646 / 646
EXP: 701 / 766
701 / 766

Sterne der Treue:
Sterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der Treue
Barvermögen:

Sagte Danke: 186
Bekam Bedankungen:
180 mal in 113 Posts.

Beitrag Mi Feb 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Thema: Re: I can't capture OSDM creation / kkapture - Windows 7 x64
try fraps. it works fine with XP. i can upload it somewhere.

cheers
<<

OMenor

ToTaL N0OB
ToTaL N0OB

- MORE USERINFOS -

0 / 18
8 / 8
4 / 10

Sterne der Treue:
Sterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der Treue
Barvermögen:

Bekam Bedankungen:
0 mal in 0 Post.

Beitrag Mi Feb 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Thank you Inc.

Yes I tried FRAPS. It seems to work, but I suspect I could loose some frames... no ? If I understand correctly, kkapture is not going to have this kind of problem. I will buy and use FRAPS if this is my only working solution.

By the way, I just tried kkapture and OSDM with an old PC running Windows 2000 : I have exactly the same problem that I described before with Windows 7 x64.

Is there someone here that can give some information concerning the capture method with kkapture ? I saw that some people here upload to VIMEO with good quality : how do they do to capture ? Never use kkapture ? Is it impossible with the newest version of OSDM ? Do I need to come back to an old version ? Is it an operating system compatibility problem ? Then what is the good OS ? Win XP ? Win Vista ? (seems not to be OK with 7 or 2000)
I suspect that it is not a kkapture/Win7 compatibility problem as it works with Fast Oldskool Cracktro Maker...

I've got a "mental hangover"... :?
<<

inc.

500+ POSTS
500+ POSTS

- MORE USERINFOS -

Level: 24
HP: 162 / 1353
162 / 1353
MP: 646 / 646
646 / 646
EXP: 701 / 766
701 / 766

Sterne der Treue:
Sterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der TreueSterne der Treue
Barvermögen:

Sagte Danke: 186
Bekam Bedankungen:
180 mal in 113 Posts.

Beitrag Do Feb 24, 2011 8:24 am

as i know "roy" is using windows 7 . i don´t know exactly if its x64 or x86. i think the best information about your problem you will get by the man himself: ROY :)

i have on running windows xp sp2 ati and or nvidia. it´s unimportant. works perfect with the latest version of OSDM.

in fraps you don´t lose frames but you need a 2 core cpu at least. a cpu with 1 core does not work properly.

in fraps you can choose the same frame rate you used in osdm while recording / capturing the intro/demo. if you have set up in osdm 30 FPS than capture in fraps with 30 fps too.

the video quality of your capturing depends on the resolution of the demo/ intro (mostly its compiled in 640*480)- the video programm at least and the destination file later e.g. wmv or avi and so on. always use the best resolution :) and dont forget to set up in your video programm the same frame rate like before while capturing and in osdm.

same frames while capturing and compiling to avi or mp4 .... give you a smooth result.

confusing? i hope not.

this videos i captured with FRAPS and saved with magix video deluxe 2007:
press here

if you wanna give fraps a try get it here [VERSION 3.2.2]

l@@ing forward
<<

OMenor

ToTaL N0OB
ToTaL N0OB

- MORE USERINFOS -

0 / 18
8 / 8
4 / 10

Sterne der Treue:
Barvermögen:

Bekam Bedankungen:
0 mal in 0 Post.

Beitrag Do Feb 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Hello Inc.

Many thanx for your reply.

I tried FRAPS and it seems to work pretty well at 60 FPS for a 640x480 resolution. But... as you know the kkapture "out of realtime" function is essential for me as I try to capture the demo in 1280x720 resolution (HD Ready). I would try in Full HD if such a resolution was available in OSDM...
The purpose of my capture is to make an oldskool introduction for a surprise wedding movie. This movie will be videoprojected in HD Ready... and I want the picture to be as sharp as possible (to avoid problems with pixels starfield, scrolltext, etc...).
When I try to play such a demo (1280x720 with 50 FPS asked in OSDM), the demo (OSDM_Amiga for example) is running 50 FPS during the decrunch display and then falls to something like 20 FPS (low FPS and very slow motion speed)... not enough for a movie display (ideally I need to capture the demo at 50 FPS).
If I am not wrong, I think kkapture would help me to capture the demo at a virtual FPS of 50 FPS...

I did send private messages and mail to Roy and Ryg (author of kkapture) and wait for an answer from them... but I suspect they have a real life apart from demo scene ! :wink:

Regards !

O'Menor.
Nächste

Zurück zu DEMOMAKER